For the past few years, I've used the YearCompass "The Year Ahead" booklet to take stock and set intentions.
For part one, you review 2016.
- Go through your calendar
- Assess what your last year was about
- Recall the best moments
- List your three biggest accomplishments
- Let go
Each time I've sat down and looked over my calendar, I've been amazed by how much I accomplished over 365 days. It is really important to take time to celebrate our actions and to understand that each small step contributes to a longer journey.
Part two is all about planning for 2017.
- Envision the year ahead
- Determine what your year will be about
- Set intentions across different parts of your life
- Choose a word for the year
- Make a secret wish
I'm excited to sit down this weekend for a few hours to assess 2016 and plan the year ahead. I am declaring 2017 to be the year of my novel. I will complete a full draft. You can hold me to this.
What do you want to do in 2017? What do you want to write?